Re: Question for candidate Towns

Anthony Towns <aj@azure.humbug.org.au> wrote:

> Eduard Bloch wrote:
>> For example, there is no excuse for blocking libs because of obvious
>> soname changes in new, for months now.
>
> They're not blocked, they're just not being done. The answers to your
> question are either "NEW is not being processed / because people don't
> have the time to do it", or "People don't have enough time / because
> we've got a release to get out and in general, that's just the way
> life is" depending on what you were asking. There's nothing more to it
> than that.
>
> Or, heck, even "Nothing is going wrong, the archive is working exactly
> as it's meant to; we're sorry that's not enough to satisfy your every
> whim (really!), and are working on fixing that as time permits".
>
> I guess all the above is with ftpmaster hat on, not DPL candidate.

With that hat on, this statement is perfectly acceptable, just as all
the mails you sent about NEW processing.  The problem, to me, is that
you fail to see the issue from a different side, and you definitely
*should* as a DPL candidate.

As a DPL candidate, you should not only care about how delegates do
their work.  You should also care about how this work is communicated to
the other developers, and how the other developers perceive this work.

Obviously, the ftpmasters' work is perceived as problematic by DD's
(problematic for them, and for the project).

Regards, Frank
--
Frank Küster
Inst. f. Biochemie der Univ. Zürich