Re: Questions for candidates: as spokesperson of Debian Project

On Sun, Mar 06, 2005 at 05:48:20PM +0900, Kenshi Muto wrote:
Questions:
* Do you think DPL has spokesperson's job?

Absolutely! Every Debian Developer acts as a representative of Debian,
but the DPL is first among equals, so to speak.  My skills at writing,
public speaking, and listening to others are big asset in being a
spokesperson.

* What do you think about Debian Project acts for political/legal theme
with other projects such as FSF, EFF and so on? (Although we've already
done sometimes.)

Debian has its own goals.  Often we cooperate with the FSF and EFF
because we have many shared interests.  But at the end of the day, we
are making a distribution.  Many of our members help out other
organizations, like the FSF, and EFF, on their own.  Debian doesn't have
the resources to focus on anything other than making the best GNU/Linux
distribution on the planet.

* If foreign people asks you speech or discussion, can you make a time
to trip even if the place is too far from your home?

Sure, as long as I had help with travel expenses.

Those were good questions; thanks for asking them.  Hope to hear more
from you in the future.

Jonathan

--
It's not true unless it makes you laugh, but you don't understand it until it makes you weep.

Eukleia: Jonathan Walther
Address: 12706 99 Ave, Surrey, BC V3V2P8 (Canada)
Contact: 604-684-1319 (daytime)
Contact: 604-582-9308 (morning and evening)
Website: http://reactor-core.org/
Puritan: Purity of faith, Purity of doctrine
Puritan: Sola Scriptura, Tota Scriptura