Re: Red-tops, was: Clarification about krooger's platform

Henning Makholm <henning@makholm.net> wrote:
> Scripsit MJ Ray <mjr@dsl.pipex.com>
> > Interesting, but missing any measure of whether I'm being
> > kissed or kicked.
> If we are talking about the same publication, then neither. For all
> the time I have read DWN, its stories have consisted of neutral
> references to threads on the mailing lists, with no editorial opinion
> being expressed.

I think that view is widely considered untenable. For
example, "In reality it is not possible for journalists
to be neutral - regardless of whether we do or do not
overtly give our personal opinion, that opinion is
always reflected in the facts we choose to highlight or
ignore." http://www.medialens.org/homepage_more.html You'll
find similar things in many texts, but everyone can get that.

The best we can hope for is to know and observe the processes.

Thank you for the explanation of how to get references.