NEW processing and crypto notification (was: Re: Question for candidate Towns)

As ajt said in http://lists.debian.org/debian-vote/2005/03/msg00104.html:

| It's not a technical issue it's a legal one -- our approach to satisfying
| the legal requirements for including crypto software in main require us to
| manually process each package with a new name. Yes, it really is necessary.

Searching through my d-d-a archive I found:
http://www.debian.org/legal/cryptoinmain

Somewhere in the middle of the document it details, that a written notice _on
paper_ has to be sent to the NSA.

But instead of rehashing well known points, Sven could compile a public(!)
list of packages needing processing from
http://ftp-master.debian.org/new.html with explanations and pointers why
which action should be taken on them. I am sure, a research robot (like
Martin Schulze for stable point releases) would be able to add valuable input
to NEW processing.

Regards, David
--
- hallo... wie gehts heute?