Re: Alternate proposal for Declassification of debian-private archives

> As Matthew pointed out in [0] this expectation of privacy isn't really
> that strong, fundamentally because -private is open to anyone who joins
> Debian, and Debian's open to anyone joining it.

> [0] http://lists.debian.org/debian-vote/2005/11/msg00033.html

Through the New Maintainer process, which isn't exactly everyone *and*
which requires that anyone joining agrees to a fairly extensive set of
conduct guidelines.  Because of that, I'm not convinced by this
counter-argument, except possibly for those messages sent to
debian-private back when it was far easier to join the project (and even
still, I think there was always a weeding factor).