Re: General Resolution: Declassification of debian-private list archives

On Wed, Nov 30, 2005 at 04:04:31PM -0600, Debian Project Secretary wrote:
> Time Line:
>    Proposal and amendment Friday, 18th November 2005
>                           Tuesday, 29th November, 23:59:59 UTC, 2005
>    Discussion Period:     Tuesday, 29th November, 23:59:59 UTC, 2005      -

Erm, as a point of order, as per A.2(4), the discussion period begins when
the resolution was proposed (18th Nov) or the last amendment was accepted
(which hasn't happened; the last amendment not accepted was formalised
on the 22nd though). I don't see any opportunity for the secretary
(or anyone else) to choose another date, but I might be missing something.
(Also, the original proposal was on the 15th)

So, afaics, the "Proposal" timeline should be 15th-18th, and the (minimum)
"Discussion" timeline should be 18th-2nd, with votes able to be called
anytime after the 2nd.

The DPL could vary the minimum discussion period to 3 weeks to get
the minimum discussion period ending on the 9th instead of the 2nd,
of course.  But, since it's a minimum discussion period anyway, we can
just avoid calling a vote for a week or so to make sure people have a
chance to notice.

Is there really any point to an extra week's delay if there isn't any
discussion in this coming week though? As far as announcements go,
the proposal made DWN on the 22nd already [0], and thus also LWN etc,
and we've already had one week of near silence on the topic.

Cheers,
aj