Re: Question about Anthony Towns rebutting Branden Robinson

On Thursday 17 March 2005 6:30 am, MJ Ray wrote:
> That's a nature of both summary and diplomacy. He didn't mention
> that you were organisationally asleep and reacted when you woke up
> by trying to exceed your powers. I suspect John wants to avoid any
> unnecessary offence to current, future or past SPI board members.

I don't want to revisit the entire discussion here but if you read the by-laws
you will see that they specifically empower the President to "see that all
books, reports and certificates as required by law are properly kept or
filed". The only way I attempted to "exceed my powers" was to bring order to
the SPI accounting.

My point continues to be that we have problems at SPI and that the situation
is basically the same as it was before I sorted the accounting. It is
possible that Branden has turned over a new leaf and won't slip back into the
behavior that led up to us losing hundreds of donations but I don't think we
should rely on that hope alone.

A DPL should be jealous of Debian's assets (intellectual, monetary or
otherwise) and guard them carefully. If the people given charge of those
assets cannot show that they are managing them wisely then the DPL should be
prepared to take decisive actions to correct the problem.

This isn't about an ego trip on my part, me hating Branden (which I don't) or
me extracting my "revenge" on SPI. It's about hundreds of people giving
thousands of dollars to Debian and having it all lost. Its about making
absolutely *CERTAIN*(tm) that situation can't happen again.

--
Ean Schuessler, CTO
ean@brainfood.com