Re: Questions to all DPL candidates

If it is non-free, then it doesn't belong in Debian.  We never should
have created a non-free section in the first place.  If some outside,
third party were to mirror the non-free section and maintain it as a
separate distribution, usable with apt-get, that would be best.

Although Debian is committed to providing a smooth, convenient
experience for our users, we are even more committed to Freedom.  If we
have Freedom, the smooth, convenient comforts of life will inevitably
come along in their own good time, without compromising what is
important.

Jonathan