Re: Question to all candidates

Scott James Remnant <scott@netsplit.com> wrote:

> Do you believe that the tech-ctte should be relatively inactive?  Or do
> you believe that an inactive Technical Committee is a bad thing?

I don't think it would be a bad thing for the technical committee to be
more active, but I don't think that's their fault. To some extent, we
seem to have got better at reaching technical consensus without needing
to involve the technical committee, and I think that's a good thing.

> If the latter, do you propose (as they would be your delegates) to make
> any changes to the current make-up of the committee.

There doesn't seem to be any obvious reason to change the current
committee. If people feel that they make bad decisions, then that might
change.

--
Matthew Garrett | mjg59-chiark.mail.debian.vote@srcf.ucam.org