Re: Second Call for votes: General resolution: Sarge Release Schedule in view of GR 2004-003

On Wed, Jun 30, 2004 at 12:30:37AM +1000, Hamish Moffatt wrote:
> On Tue, Jun 29, 2004 at 02:16:57PM +0200, Jeroen van Wolffelaar wrote:
> > On Fri, Jun 25, 2004 at 06:00:36PM -0500, Debian Project Secretary wrote:
> >
> > I think call for votes, or for that matter, any message to
> > debian-devel-announce should not have a m-f-t towards the announcement
> > list. Replies on d-d-a are getting redirected to d-d anyway, and I think
> > debian-vote is the appropriate place to discuss followups on messages
> > like this one.
> >
> > You might also consider in addition setting a reply-to towards
> > sarge_gr@vote.debian.org (or whatever is the ballot address of the
> > current vote), to ease up on voting (how to vote? Hit reply, fill in you
> > preferences after carefully researching them, and send).
>
> There WAS a reply-to. The M-F-T seems to complicate things though.
> http://lists.debian.org/debian-devel-announce/2004/06/msg00006.html

That was indeed pointed out later, sorry for my mistake. I don't think
the m-f-t complicates things, mail-followup-to is supposed to give
directions where further discussions should take place, it's either a
user, MUA or both mistake if m-f-t is followed for the actual vote/reply
(not wanting to further discuss it). I don't know KMail well enough to
know how intuitive/clear this distinction works there...

--Jeroen

--
Jeroen van Wolffelaar
http://Jeroen.A-Eskwadraat.nl