Re: What your ballot should look like if you're in favor of releasing sarge

On Thu, Jun 24, 2004 at 09:02:28PM +0200, Josip Rodin wrote:
> On Wed, Jun 23, 2004 at 11:27:07PM -0700, Thomas Bushnell, BSG wrote:
> > > The current vote will determine what the majority of voters think.
> > > Hopefully that will be the end of it.

> > Not likely.  The last vote determined what 3/4 of the voters thought,
> > and people weren't willing to let that be the end of it.

> Uh, no, how many times and how many people will have to say that the title
> and description were suboptimal (to put it mildly) before you are convinced
> that the ballot didn't actually match what many voters thought?

> I just counted 45 unique proposers/seconders in this GR (and that doesn't
> include those who said nothing should change). That alone is over a fifth
> of the total voters of the previous GR. That's a non-negligible percentage
> if you ask me.

Do not use me as a statistic to support the claim that the previous GR
was misleading.  I was not surprised by the aftermath of the GR because
I failed to read the text of the resolution (which I seconded!), I was
surprised because AJ's elucidating comments were embedded in a
flamewar-of-a-thread that on -vote that I had killfiled.

I have no interest in blaming people for the present state of affairs --
not AJ, not my co-sponsors of 003 -- only in getting things situated so
we can get back to our job of releasing the most complete Free OS that
ever existed (whatever the community decides this should actually mean).

--
Steve Langasek
postmodern programmer