Re: Constitution: typographical errors

* mjr@dsl.pipex.com <mjr@dsl.pipex.com> schrieb am 21.06.04 um 15:56 Uhr:
> On Mon, Jun 21, 2004 at 02:47:52PM +0200, Matthias Lutz wrote:
> > there exists a bug report (#241006), filed by me against
>
> *sigh* I suppose we must, to avoid surreptitious edit flamwars.

I agree with that.

> Please read http://www.debian.org/vote/ a bit (although the howto is
> out of date, IIRC), try to format it as a proposal and ask a developer
> to make that proposal.
>
> BTW, is &sect;&sect; really correct?

I think so, because this passage refers to sections 7 and A. Double
section signs (or 'ss') are a common device for citation of multiple
sections in legal texts.  Correct usage seems to be described in "The
Bluebook: A Uniform System of Citation" (rule 3.4).  I am still
searching for a copy of this or a similar book to quote from, however.

Anyway, the passage you are referring to does not employ even a single
section sign, which is at variance with the style elsewhere in the
constitution.

Thanks,
	Matthias