Re: Call for Vote on GR 2004-004

On Tue, Jun 15, 2004 at 10:34:12PM +0200, Osamu Aoki wrote:
> > Proposal F:
> >
> > The Debian project resolves that it will not compromise on freedom, and
> > will never knowingly issue another release (excluding point updates to
> > stable releases) that contains anything in the main or contrib sections
> > which is not free software according to the DFSG.
>
> Did any proponent of "Proposal F" showed us any valid exit path or
> rationarized Sarge release issues or they told us "I do not care about
> *release*".

Personally, I don't buy the notion that this is a release issue at
all. Dropping non-free stuff just isn't that hard; it wouldn't take
long.

Anyway, a non-free release is useless to many people and a disservice
to our users; ignoring crippling issues like this, just to get a
release out sooner, does not sound like a good idea to me.

 : :' :  http://www.debian.org/ |