Re: Call for Vote on GR 2004-004

Hi,

It is a minor one but since now "Proposal F" will be included in this
ballot some wordings have to be adjusted accordingly.

On Tue, Jun 15, 2004 at 01:19:49AM -0500, Steve Langasek wrote:
> Mr. Secretary,
>
> Under section A.2 of the constitution, I hereby call for a vote on
> general resolution 2004-004, "Sarge Release Schedule in view of GR
> 2004-003".
>
> I believe the wording of the resolution and amendments that should
> appear on the ballot is as follows:
>
> Proposal A:

....[snip]...

> Proposal D:
>
> The Debian Project,
> hereby resolves:
>
>    1. that the amendments to the Social Contract contained within the
> General Resolution Editorial Amendments To The Social Contract (2004
> vote 003) be immediately rescinded.
>
> Rationale
>
>    1. People can make mistake and should be allowed to correct it.
>    2. This deserves to be an option on the ballot.
>    3. Full impact assessment by Anthony Towns revealed the hidden
> issues.
>    4. We need to get the sarge out the door ASAP.
>    5. All other proposed GRs to get the sarge out are better than the
> situation created by GR (2004-003). But they still seem to put heavy
> limitations on the post-sarge releases. This proposal solves them for
> good.

This is now incorrect.  This should be more like:

   5. Other proposed GRs (A-C,E) to get the sarge out are better than
the situation created by GR (2004-003) and perpetuated by GR F. But they
still seem to put heavy limitations on the post-sarge releases.  This
proposal solves them for good.

>    6. Title of GR (2004-003) was, at least, "misleading" although it may
> not have been intentionally deceptive.

...[snip to the F]...

> Proposal F:
>
> The Debian project resolves that it will not compromise on freedom, and
> will never knowingly issue another release (excluding point updates to
> stable releases) that contains anything in the main or contrib sections
> which is not free software according to the DFSG.

Did any proponent of "Proposal F" showed us any valid exit path or
rationarized Sarge release issues or they told us "I do not care about
*release*".

Osamu