Oliver Elphick <olly@lfix.co.uk> wrote:
>On Tue, 2004-07-13 at 17:33, Matthew Garrett wrote:
>> >"3. Override any decision by the Project Leader of a Delegate."
>>
>> What decision has been made? Has there actually been a rejection of the
>> inclusion?
>
>Refusal to act is a decision and a rejection.

A stated refusal to act would be. An absence of communication is not. I
think there should be discussion as to whether this sort of decision can
be made by GRs before too much discussion of the GR itself takes place,
otherwise there's an excessive amount of opportunity for unpleasentness.

>> If so, on what grounds was it made? If the ftp-masters
>> believe that the mirroring issue needs to be dealt with first, I think
>> that attempting to override them would be foolish - we don't want to
>> lose good-will with our mirrors.
>
>We can't know what the ftp-masters believe, since they refuse to
>communicate; this issue has been raised for at least a month on the
>lists without any comment from them (that I have seen).  No project can
>work if its key members operate like that.  Communication is an
>essential skill.

The irony here is amusing.
--
Matthew Garrett | mjg59-chiark.mail.debian.vote@srcf.ucam.org