Re: What your ballot should look like if you're in favor of releasing sarge

On Tue, Jun 22, 2004 at 04:43:29PM +0100, Colin Watson wrote:
> On Tue, Jun 22, 2004 at 05:35:07PM +0200, Bill Allombert wrote:
> > This rely on the premices that at least some options will allow to release
> > sarge sooner. Unfortunately discussions on debian-vote involving the
> > release manager and the ctte had made clear to me that none of the
> > ballot options will have positive effect on the release of sarge, making
> > the exercise rather pointless, the reason being, all the options focus
> > on the previous SC change and side-step the real issue which is the
> > change of the release policy. I see no evidence that any changes of the
> > SC will imply change in the release policy allowing to release sarge
> > sooner.
>
> Can you please refer me to the discussions in question? As far as I can
> tell, both Steve and I (release assistants) have an entirely different
> impression, and between us we proposed some of the options on the
> ballot.

I can't remember the thread off-hand, but I believe the idea is that
some people feel the changes to the social contract were only editorial.

Given this, some people might think that only the release policy has
changed, and that reverting the changes from GR 2004-03 won't change the
meaning of the social contract, because it has always been the same.

If you accept this line of reasoning, the amendments that attempt to
revert to the previous wording won't have any affect.

--
gram