Re: Ready to vote on 2004-003?

On Mon, May 17, 2004 at 10:25:40PM -0400, David B Harris wrote:
> On Tue, 18 May 2004 01:04:12 +0200
> Bill Allombert <allomber@math.u-bordeaux.fr> wrote:
> > On Mon, May 17, 2004 at 12:33:02AM -0400, David B Harris wrote:
> > > Hey, does anybody object to a call for votes on
> > > http://www.debian.org/vote/2004/vote_004 being put out by the secretary?
> > > There was much discussion on the issue on many lists, and going by the
> > > proposers and seconders, everybody I would expect to actively
> > > participate in any discussion has already had their hand in this issue.
> >
> > Before we can vote, we need the opinion of the Release Manager.
>
> Anthony has stated repeatedly that it's up to the Tech Ctte to override
> him, and Manoj (a member of the aforementioned Tech Ctte) said they
> deferred it to a GR.

This is true but irrelevant, since none of the ballot option is about
overriding him. Instead, the ballot options try to change the SC to
adress his concerns, and this is certainly a better way to proceed, but
then again, we do not know still which options are amenable to him.

Bill. <ballombe@debian.org>

Imagine a large red swirl here.