Re: Proposed ballot for the GR: Deciding on the effect of GR 2004_003

Scripsit Manoj Srivastava <srivasta@debian.org>

> The details of the general resolution can be found at:
> http://www.debian.org/vote/2004/vote_004

I think this reference is too weak. The link should jump out and bite
any hypothetical reader who has been vacationing on a desert island
for the last month. How about:

   The full texts of the proposals being voted on can be found on

      http://www.debian.org/vote/2004/vote_004

   They have been been omitted here due to their (combined) length.
   Please go to the above URL and read the actual proposals before
   voting.

> -=-=-=-=-=- Don't Delete Anything Between These Lines =-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
> [   ] Choice 1: Postpone changes until September 2004  [needs 3:1]
> [   ] Choice 2: Postpone changes until Sarge releases  [needs 3:1]
> [   ] Choice 3: Add apology to Social Contract         [needs 3:1]
> [   ] Choice 4: Revert to old wording of SC            [needs 3:1]
> [   ] Choice 5: "Transition Guide" foundation document [needs 3:1]
> [   ] Choice 6: Further discussion
> -=-=-=-=-=- Don't Delete Anything Between These Lines =-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-

I'm tempted to propose guarding these lines with a torrent of
disclaimers saying that the descriptions are not attempts to describe
the full impact of each option, but in reality this will probably be
evident to any reader who genuinely does not know what this is about
("Postpone changes? Which changes?").

--
Henning Makholm                   "We will discuss your youth another time."