Re: Proposed ballot for the GR: Deciding on the effect of GR 2004_003

Scripsit Osamu Aoki <osamu@debian.org>

> Is there any reason why choices are indexed as 1,2,3,... while the
> proposal themselves are always indexed as A,B,C,... on vote.debian.org.

It turned out that the vote-tallying software has a hard-coded
assumption that the options are identified by numbers. Easier and less
risky to change the ballot than the software.

I see that the overview on vote.debian.org now does say "(choice N on
the ballot)" in the heading for each specific proposal text. I think
it would be clearer if the entire A/B/C/D/E nomenclature had been
replaced by numbers. But it's a minor point.

--
Henning Makholm      "Jeg kunne ikke undgå at bemærke at han gik på hænder."