Re: The new Social Contract and releasing Sarge

> I don't know much Dutch history, but afaics, it'd be the equivalent of
> the US choosing to ignore the first amendment immediately after enacting
> it [...]

Ironically, this is exactly what the United States did.  Go look up
the "Alien and Sedition Acts" on the net sometime.  It might surprise
you!

> So why does the whole project seem shocked and appalled that I'm actually
> trying to abide by it?

Not the whole project.  Many of us think your reaction was entirely
appropriate and well within your discretion.

That doesn't mean that people might not want to overrule it.  Someone
could simultaneously believe that it was a reasonable decision for you
to make, and within your descretion, and also believe that it would be
a good idea to overrule it by a General Resolution.  There's nothing
inconsistent about that.

That's not where I am right now, but I think several people are in
exactly that place.  Right now, I think it might well be just the
right thing for the project to simply delay sarge and comply with the
new SC without any further ado.  But I'm not decided about the matter,
and am still trying to make up my mind.

Thomas