Re: Request for discussion: Deferment of Changes from GR 2004-003

This one time, at band camp, Debian Project Secretary said:
> Hi
>    Text:     The actual text of the GR is:

[...]

>               1. that the amendments to the Social Contract contained
>                  within the General Resolution `Editorial Amendments
>                  To The Social Contract' (2004 vote 003) be
>                  immediately rescinded;
>               2. that these amendments, which have already been
>                  ratified by the Debian Project, will be reinstated
>                  effective as of September 1, 2004 without further
>                  cause for deliberation.

One minor nitpick - if you mean to set the timetable to allow sarge to
release, why not explicitly set it so?  e.g.,

               2. that these amendments, which have already been
                  ratified by the Debian Project, will be reinstated
                  effective as of the day after the release of Sarge,
                  without further cause for deliberation.

This is explicit, and avoids any problems caused by some other unforseen
event holding up sarge's release past September, and allows the
resolution to come into effect if sarge release early. (wishful
thinking perhaps ...)

Please cc me on replies.  I am not subscribed to -vote.  M-F-T set
accordingly.

Thanks,
|   ,''`.					     Stephen Gran |
|  : :' :					 sgran@debian.org |
|  `. `'			Debian user, admin, and developer |
|    `-					    http://www.debian.org |