Re: Proposal - Deferment of Changes from GR 2004-003

Steve Langasek wrote:
> affirming its committment to principles of freeness for all works it
> distributes,
>
> but recognizing that changing the Social Contract today would have grave
> consequences for the upcoming stable release, a fact which does not
> serve our goals or the interests of our users,
>
> hereby resolves:
>
> 1. that the amendments to the Social Contract contained within the
>    General Resolution "Editorial Amendments To The Social Contract"
>    (2004 vote 003) be immediately rescinded;

If you believe that not all of the freedoms in the Debian Free
SoftwareGuidelines are important for non-programs such as
documentation, artwork, fonts or other data, you should say so.

Restoring the non-clarified version of the social contract would only
be short-sighted or blind actionism.

If you want to work forward, work on a different solution for
non-program software to be covered as well, in whatever way, so that
there will be a clear direction to go into, and not a dark nebular
that is open for discussion and interpretation again.

Regards,

	Joey

--
A mathematician is a machine for converting coffee into theorems.   Paul Erdös