On Mon, Apr 26, 2004 at 04:44:34PM -0700, Thomas Bushnell, BSG wrote:
> Not true.  It is my position that we do not need to write or adopt a
> definition at all.  I don't want you to change the status quo in this
> regard; I don't want *any* definition to be adopted.  We already have
> the term; it has a meaning; it has served us well.
> I am not obliged to propose a different departure just to object to
> the departure you want to make.  I want to leave things as they are
> (with respect to the definition of "source code").

I'll agree that you're not under any obligation to provide a suitable
definition in the same way you're not obliged to make sense.

Frankly, I don't see that that definition has the flaws you've claimed
it has.  [For example, if there are equivalent representations and one
is the preferred form then any of them are the preferred form.]

Anyways, status quo is: some of us use a definition of "source code"
which you disagree with.

--
Raul