Re: SC changes

[Please follow Debian list policy and refrain from Cc:'ing me.]

On Sat, 27 Mar 2004, Thomas Bushnell, BSG wrote:
> The voting process as I understand it forces me to vote for complete
> alternative proposals, not partial amendments.

Sortof. It requires the former, but you can use the sytem to achieve
the latter.

If you only like specific parts of a proposal, and there are enough
people who share you viewpoint for it to matter (6 people to second
your proposal) then you just need to propose an amendment
incorporating the parts you like and removing the parts that you
don't.

Don Armstrong

--
The sheer ponderousness of the panel's opinion ... refutes its thesis
far more convincingly than anything I might say. The panel's labored

http://www.donarmstrong.com
http://rzlab.ucr.edu