Re: SC changes

On Fri, Mar 26, 2004 at 10:57:17PM -0800, Don Armstrong wrote:
> On Fri, 26 Mar 2004, Thomas Bushnell, BSG wrote:
> > Of course there are interactions between, but there are several
> > discrete proposals in each of the two version of changes, and I
> > might like some and not others.  I would hate to have to vote
> > against the ones I like just because they are tied to ones I greatly
> > dislike.
>
> Why not propose amendments to the proposal that reflect your viewpoint
> then?

Sure, I guess that would be no problem. But I don't get why everybody
pulls the 'make your own amendment' card right away. We're in the
discussion period, right? So I don't see a problem with asking Andrew
whether he'd be willing to do modify his proposal, if he sees the merit
of othere people's comments. If he does not like it, amendments can
still be formulated, but there's no need to clutter the ballot without
need, in my humble opinion.

Michael

PS: I'm all for pulling the 'you should have made your own amendment'
card for people who don't like the ballot *after* the vote has started ;)

--
Michael Banck
Debian Developer