Re: GR: Editorial amendments to the social contract

Debian Project Secretary (secretary@debian.org) wrote:

> New text:
>
> 5. Works that do not meet our free software standards
[...]
> We encourage CD
> manufacturers to read the licenses of the packages in these areas and
> determine if they can distribute the packages on their CDs.
            ^^
This "if" should be "whether".

> Thus,
> although non-free works are not a part of Debian, we support their use
> and provide infrastructure for non-free packages (such as our bug
> tracking system and mailing lists).

Misplaced modifier -- it sounds like the BTS and mailing lists are
non-free software!  Possibly change to:  "Thus, although non-free
works are not a part of Debian, we support their use and provide
infrastructure (such as our bug tracking system and mailing lists)
for non-free packages."

greg@wooledge.org              |    - The Red Hot Chili Peppers
http://wooledge.org/~greg/     |