Re: Mailing list behaviour was: Candidate questions/musings

On Wednesday 24 March 2004 06:34, Anand Kumria wrote:
> I, personally, suspect that the unfriendliness of Debian is behind
> a lot of requests for smaller mailing lists seen by listmaster
> these days. A lot of people don't bother to use the main mailing
> lists anymore but instead find it simpler to gather (via IRC or
> physically), call people up or send private email instead.

I can't speak for others, but personally, I don't think the Debian
lists are unfriendly. In my case, I just find that it requires a lot
of effort on my part to actually follow -devel. In fact, it's already
hard for me to follow just -boot (or most parts of it), -vote and
-private (when there are no stupid flamewars in that). And right now,
time is just not enough for me...
I just need something that has a high signal/noise ratio...

Konstantinos