Re: Just a single Question for the Candidates

Hallo, Andy

Thank You for Your kind and patient answer. I'll think about possibilities of trying testing release. It couldn't harm if there'll be some easier-to-install, quite functional testing, however :o)

The most problems I have had were: freezing installer, unresolvable ways of installer action, broken dependencies. And after upgrade stable -> testing, it was broken deps again. If only Woody accepted EQUAL-OR-NEWER (instead of _equal-only_) versions of packages than it's own, it should have solved 4/5 of problems. I would invite such option in apt system (force_accept newer_packages_and_take_deps_as_solved). Or if the stable had the versioning in the >= manner. But maybe there's some ideological reason why not to do that that I don't see.

Let there be the great time of downloading the Debian 3.1 Sarge :o)

Have a nice day
Peter