Re: drop or keep non-free - from users viewpoint

On Mon, Mar 08, 2004 at 02:08:45PM +0100, Sven Luther wrote:
> If i am stopped from maintaining the driver for the ADSL modem that
> provides me access to the internet, and thus enables me to do my debian
> work, will you step in and pay me (and others who use the same modem) a
> new adsl modem that is supported by non-free software.

One (quite off-topic) question I'm curious about now for a long time:
Why do you have an ADSL modem which needs a non-free driver in the first
place? TTBOMK, there are quite a few alternatives available (although I
have to admit that I don't have ADSL myself, and things might be
different in France)

Michael

--
Michael Banck