Re: Proposal: Keep non-free

On 2004-03-06 18:00:54 +0000 Eduard Bloch <edi@gmx.de> wrote:

#include <hallo.h>

#include <no-cc.txt>

hardware manufacturers (in the last instance) only. Do you think that
they produce everything built in their devices?

Do you really think that hardware manufacturers don't decide what to build into their devices?

Are you really so naive
to think that everything in the hardware world can be powered by free
software only?

Are you so naive to think that all this stuff about "3rd party IP" is the end of the line?

[...] The vendors of Debian media are free to master them
as needed and they often (?always?) integrate non-free. The term
"official" does not mean much then.

Your comments seem inconsistent with reality. Check the CD vendors list for many offers of official CDs. Very far from all vendors offer non-free.

http://mjr.towers.org.uk/ gopher://g.towers.org.uk/ slef@jabber.at