Re: General Resolution: Handling of the non-free section: proposedBallot

On 2004-03-05 15:53:13 +0000 Sven Luther <sven.luther@wanadoo.fr> wrote:

Yeah, but wasn't one of the argument of dropping non-free the fact that
that would put pressure on upstreams of non-free packages to change
their licence. [...]

Not one of mine. I'm not sure what effect it has on that, but I suspect a net zero. Maybe someone else will discuss that with you.

As you know, I think the best likely package benefit comes for those with unproblematic licences not hosted by Debian, but I see that you are careful to exclude that from your question.
Err, i have difficulties parsing you here, could you clarify that for me ?

I think that it may encourage improved support for non-Debian-hosted packages in general, including project-produced packages and backport projects.

http://mjr.towers.org.uk/ gopher://g.towers.org.uk/ slef@jabber.at