Re: Questions to candidates - Debian/FSF discussions

On 2004-03-03 15:46:59 +0000 Martin Michlmayr <tbm@cyrius.com> wrote:

* MJ Ray <mjr@dsl.pipex.com> [2004-03-03 08:33]:
It's now over four years since RMS asked -legal for comments on the
FDL. Do DPL candidates think agreement is likely in the next three
months? How much longer should this discussion be given? What would
they do to see more FDL-caused bugs in Debian closed during their
term?

It's hard to predict how much longer it is going to take.

Additionally, I asked how much longer you think this discussion should be given before taking further action. For example, is tagging FDL-caused bugs <release>-ignore for the next four years acceptable? I'm concerned that publicly ignoring these bugs weakens the ability of Debian's representatives to FSF and -legal in general to seek licence fixes that help us to fulfil our social contract. Do you share that concern?

http://mjr.towers.org.uk/ gopher://g.towers.org.uk/ slef@jabber.at