Re: Just a single Question for the Candidates

> The problem is you are a flake.

$ dict flake
     4. a person who behaves strangely; a flaky[2] person.
        [Colloq.]
        [PJC]
      2: a person with an unusual or odd personality [syn:
         {eccentric}, {eccentric person}, {oddball}, {geek}]

Your yourself say you notice a lot of people exhibiting similar
behaviour, so it doesn't appear particularly strange, unusual or odd to
me.

> (No that wasn't an attempt to put you down or be
> unkind.  It's simply the most accurate word I can think of.

Colloquialisms are frequently both unkind and inaccurately applied, and
regardless of your intentions, your use of "flake" comes across as no
exception.  Saying "you're a flake, but that's not meant unkindly" is
like saying "I'm not homophobic, I just don't want gays teaching my
children."

> Vague fears of persecution are a sign of mental
> instability which can't be fixed by an operating system free or otherwise.

Vague fears??  I don't think it would take either of us very long to
find examples of rude, dismissal and condescending behaviour in the BTS
or mailing lists.

Claiming someone who hesitates to jump into a social environment that is
sometimes friendly but sometimes hostile to be mentally unstable is not
really the most eloquent way to make your point.  At the very least, it
certainly helps make these "vague" fears more realistic.

Ben.