Re: Just a single Question for the Candidates

On Thu, Mar 04, 2004 at 10:04:09AM +1100, Ben Burton wrote:
> Colloquialisms are frequently both unkind and inaccurately applied, and
> regardless of your intentions, your use of "flake" comes across as no
> exception.  Saying "you're a flake, but that's not meant unkindly" is
> like saying "I'm not homophobic, I just don't want gays teaching my
> children."

No offence Ben, but I'd like to add my take to what you're trying to express
here.

I'd probably say "I'm not homophobic, I just don't want a gay teaching my
child, IF, and ONLY IF, they're one of the ones that feels it's necessary to
preach every five seconds that being gay is all about being persecuted."

I don't honestly give a rats ass about what sexuality a person is, but I get
seriously pissed off when the 'We're a minority, we're special' card gets
pulled. It's the whole PC thing going overboard.

Don't get me wrong, it's not just homosexuals that fit into this gripe, it's
also african-americans, .nz's Maori, various religions, and Australians..

Mike.
--
Mike Beattie <mike@ethernal.org>                      ZL4TXK, IRLP Node 6184

     Spock, the women on your planet are logical. No other planet in the
     galaxy can make that claim.                  -- Capt. James T. Kirk