Re: GR status

On Wed, 25 Feb 2004 10:58:17 +0000, MJ Ray <mjr@dsl.pipex.com> said:

> On 2004-02-24 18:31:41 +0000 Debian Project secretary
>> srivasta@debian.org> wrote:

>> The Rationale for the amendment is also available. This amedment
>> only requires a simple majority to pass.

> Does this mean that it only needs a simple majority over the
> original, or that the amended GR would only need a simple majority
> over the default? Please note that Towns's amendment does not delete
> the Suffield's drop GR's change to the SC.

> It would be rather ugly if it is easier to pass Suffield+Towns and
> leave us with a worse situation on non-free than Suffield's drop
> failing to get supermajority.

	The way I see it, these are mutually exclusive proposals. So,
 either we get Andrews proposal, that throws out non-free from the
 social contract, and the next release shall not have a corresponding
 non free section; or we get AJ's version which shall not change the
 social contract, and reaffirm the developers intent of retaining the
 non-free sections.

	It did seem clear to me that the proposals were diametrically
 opposed to each other.

	manoj
--
"We expect them [Salvadoran officials] to work toward the elimination
of human rights." Dan Quayle, El Salvador, Feb 1989