Re: General Resolution: Handling of the non-free section

On Tue, 24 Feb 2004, Debian Project Secretary wrote:
>                 The next release of Debian will not be accompanied by a non-free
>                 section; there will be no more stable releases of the non-free
>                 section. The Debian project will cease active support of the
>                 non-free section. Clause 5 of the social contract is repealed.

That's what I call bad timing.  Getting the non-free GR out in the middle of
the GFDL fiasco crisis?   So far, it looks like we will have to need to
shunt all GFDL docs to non-free (not to mention other standards, RFCs,
etc)...  so how can one vote for non-free to be gone entirely?

I suggest someone writes a remove-non-free proposal that keeps non-free
around _only_ for documentation, but removes all software.  I do not think I
am up to doing this.

  Henrique Holschuh