Re: Proposal: Keep non-free

On 2004-02-24 16:50:16 +0000 Raul Miller <moth@debian.org> wrote:

I think such encouragement/assistance is consistent with Debian's
stated goals.
What encouragement are you talking about?

The encouragement resulting from increased demand for a free alternative.

Are you equating "lack of support" for "assistance"?

No.

Or are you making the mistake of thinking that the software we distribute in non-free is the same kinds of stuff as what we can't distribute at all?

No.

However, I hope you're not advocating that "Debian should only be used
to develop software which will then be distributed through Debian"
is a rule that everyone should live by.

Nearly. The Debian project should only be used to develop software which could then be distributed as part of the Debian operating system.

http://mjr.towers.org.uk/ gopher://g.towers.org.uk/ slef@jabber.at