Re: A transition plan to fsf-linux.org

On Fri, Jan 30, 2004 at 12:37:53PM -0600, Steve Langasek wrote:
> On Fri, Jan 30, 2004 at 12:57:16PM -0500, Raul Miller wrote:
> > On Fri, Jan 30, 2004 at 11:23:29AM -0600, Steve Langasek wrote:
> > > This seems like a pretty good example of how sometimes, distributing
> > > non-free software ultimately benefits... no one except for non-free
> > > software authors.
>
> > So, if I understand what you're saying, you believe having win98 available
> > for anyone who wants to develop wine would tend to lock people into
> > using the non-free versions of windows?
>
> I believe that having Win98 freely available for anyone who wants to use
> it reduces the pool of people who want to *develop* Wine, because there
> is non-free software satisfies their needs as they themselves presently
> understand them.

BTW, if you go that way, notice that Wine is also evil, since it reduce
the pool of people who want to *develop* free alternatives, because if
the non-free windows binary-only crap runs well under wine, why use
something else ? Still we distribute wine, and have no concience
problems with it, do we ?

Friendly,

Sven Luther