Re: "keep non-free" proposal

AJ wrote:
> What makes more sense? Keeping stuff our users rely on and expect
> available, having productive relationships with upstream and helping
> improve their software, or blindly adhering to an ideal, brooking no
> exceptions and ignoring any negative consequences?
May I rephrase this question to match what I see as the facts?

What makes more sense?  Keeping stuff some of our users rely on and expect
available, having counterproductive relationships with upstreams (who provide
non-free stuff and expect it to be put in main while we improve their
programs) -- or adhering to our ideals, fulfilling our contract with our
users, and encouraging the creation of free software?

Thank you.  :-)