Re: A transition plan to fsf-linux.org

On Fri, Jan 23, 2004 at 06:11:38PM +0100, Sven Luther wrote:
> On Thu, Jan 22, 2004 at 12:39:56PM -0500, Branden Robinson wrote:
> > and all GNU documentation shall use the GNU FDL henceforth."  Equally,
> > it doesn't serve us to say "You'll take our non-free section away when
> > you pry our cold, dead hands from it."
>
> Nope, only when a free alternative for all of its content has been
> written.

All of its content right now?  Is there some freeze on adding new
packages to non-free I hadn't heard about?  If so, that's odd, because
an ITP of a non-free package has been made on debian-devel within the
past few days.

If we keep non-free open to new packages forever, how am I to
distinguish as a practical matter "You'll take our non-free section away
when you pry our cold, dead hands from it." from "[You'll take our
non-free section away] when a free alternative for all of its content
has been written."?

--
G. Branden Robinson                |      There's no trick to being a
Debian GNU/Linux                   |      humorist when you have the whole