Re: thoughts on potential outcomes for non-free ballot

On Wed, Jan 21, 2004 at 05:28:13PM +0100, Michael Banck wrote:
> So why don't you two work together on a grammatical changes proposal,
> while each of you subsequently presents a proposal to tackle the
> non-free issue?

There's several problems:

I can't get Andrew to talk to me about what he wants to accomplish.

A ballot which changes the social contract which is restricted from
changing the words the social contract uses is very limited in scope.
[In particular, it seems to prohibit fixing the kinds of problems I see
that need to be fixed.]

Writing a proposal to fix up the problems remaining after the upcoming
ballot changes the social contract doesn't really make sense right
now -- you can't do it right until after the ballot has been frozen.
[And it's even better if you wait until after the winning ballot option
has been choosen.]

Basically, meaning and wording are not orthogonal.

--
Raul