Re: non-free and users?

On 2004-01-18 10:31:05 +0000 Raul Miller <moth@debian.org> wrote:

Dropping non-free would prevent Debian developers from distributing any
non-free packages (such as GFDL).

That is not true.

That, and I [perhaps arrogantly] believe that there is some value to
our users in the packages distributed by debian.

So do I, but nothing in the rest of your message relates to this statement and nothing in this proposal affects them. I also believe there is some value in the DFSG and it would be better if all packages distributed by debian meet them.

http://mjr.towers.org.uk/ gopher://g.towers.org.uk/ slef@jabber.at