Re: The "Free" vs. "Non-Free" issue

On Tue, Jan 13, 2004 at 10:24:08AM +0000, MJ Ray wrote:
> On 2004-01-11 18:35:58 +0000 Manoj Srivastava <srivasta@debian.org>
> >On Sun, 11 Jan 2004 13:00:27 +0000, MJ Ray <mjr@dsl.pipex.com> said:
> >>Can the GR state anything useful about its implementation?
> >	Why can't it?
> I thought GRs were not able to make technical decisions.

GRs are for making policy decisions.

Policy decisions should only be made with a full understanding of the
technical consequences.

Things like transitioning, keeping/dropping contrib, setting up
alternative infrastructure, etc, are all policy decisions.

Cheers,
aj

               Linux.conf.au 2004 -- Because we can.
           http://conf.linux.org.au/ -- Jan 12-17, 2004