Re: Statistics on non-free usage

On Mon, Jan 12, 2004 at 10:18:06AM +0100, Sven Luther wrote:
> Not to mention the fact that the last video card to have free 3D support
> was the Radeon 8500/9000/9100/9200, and that we are pretty unlikely to
> get anything else in the near future. And both ATI and Nvidia don't
> provide anything else than x86 executables.

Depends on what you mean by "near future".

Take a look at point 267 at

How near that is depends on how many of Branden's changes will be included
in the 4.4 release, and of course when 4.4 itself is released.

[Also, ATI provides source.  That source isn't redistributable, and
comes in an rpm package, and might have x86 dependencies, but it's
source nonetheless.]