Re: Statistics on non-free usage

On Mon, Jan 12, 2004 at 10:18:06AM +0100, Sven Luther wrote:
> Not to mention the fact that the last video card to have free 3D support
> was the Radeon 8500/9000/9100/9200, and that we are pretty unlikely to
> get anything else in the near future. And both ATI and Nvidia don't
> provide anything else than x86 executables.

Depends on what you mean by "near future".

Take a look at point 267 at
http://ftp.xfree86.org/pub/XFree86/develsnaps/changelog-4.3.99.8.txt

How near that is depends on how many of Branden's changes will be included
in the 4.4 release, and of course when 4.4 itself is released.

[Also, ATI provides source.  That source isn't redistributable, and
comes in an rpm package, and might have x86 dependencies, but it's
source nonetheless.]

--
Raul