Re: Candidate social contract amendments (part 1: editorial) (3rd draft)

On Jan 11, 2004, at 22:58, Raul Miller wrote:

Are you talking back in the year 2000? That split would have made sense,
back then, because of the limitations of our voting system back then.

No, he's talking several months ago. It's all in the archives of -vote.

Even with the split, updating the social contract with a new part 5 would
mean that we have a part 5, which would cancel the effect of Andrew's
deletion of part 5.

I hope developers in general are smart enough to handle this one. If clause 5 is dropped, then obviously the edits for it will be, too.