Re: Another Non-Free Proposal

On Fri, Jan 09, 2004 at 10:04:04PM -0500, Raul Miller wrote:
> Once you have a legal copy of a piece of software you're allowed to do
> anything you want with it except make more copies and redistribute them.

FWIW, in Australia that's not the case -- the copying that you do to run
the program (ie, disk to memory) will probably be considered copyright
infringement if it's against the express wishes of the copyright holder.
(Actually, this is still somewhat questionable, and possibly one of the
issues on appeal to the High Court; but it is explicitly listed that
way in the legislation)

Cheers,
aj

               Linux.conf.au 2004 -- Because we can.