Re: one of the many reasons why removing non-free is a dumb idea

On Mon, Jan 05, 2004 at 09:21:05PM -0500, Raul Miller wrote:
> On Tue, Jan 06, 2004 at 01:51:24AM +0000, Andrew Suffield wrote:
> > While "Don't respond to Craig Sanders" is usually a good idea, I feel
> > compelled to point out to anybody casually watching that the parent
> > post is pure FUD; read it with a critical mind and you should find the
> > flaws. The first paragraph, for example, is entirely delusional.
>
> This is ad hominem.

At no point did I suggest that he was wrong because of who he is.

I suggested that talking to him is a bad idea because of who he
is. That's not an ad hominem argument - it's not even an
argument. It's a perfectly normal insult.

I further noted that he was wrong, and felt no need to offer a
detailed rebuttal, since any intelligent reader should be able to
think it through for themselves, given a hint.

 : :' :  http://www.debian.org/ |