Re: one of the many reasons why removing non-free is a dumb idea

On Wed, Jan 07, 2004 at 09:52:28AM +1100, Craig Sanders wrote:
> ncftp, Qt and, by extension, KDE are three that i can think of off the top of
> my head that had their licenses changed/clarified/made free in part because
> debian relegated them to non-free (and contrib).  i'm sure other people can
> think of more, it certainly wouldn't be hard to find more examples if one
> searched for them.

You have not proven that these changes have happened because they were
relegated into a second-class area on a FTP site maintained by Debian,
rather than because they were removed from Debian's main distribution.
You have also failed to prove that this effect would be any less should
the second-class FTP site be hosted elsewhere or not exist at all.
Therefore, I can't possibly give you the credit for even approximating
making any point at all.