Re: GR: Removal of non-free

Quoting more severely trimmed, following Raul's objection to volume in another thread. It's all process rather than the issue. I'll not reply on-list like this again, but I wanted to put one example in public and hope people draw the correct conclusion about the other threads I ignore. Sorry for wasting time.

On 2004-01-06 13:47:18 +0000 Raul Miller <moth@debian.org> wrote:

That's not a word game, it's honest ignorance of the fact that you were
holding part of your discussion in this forum and part in another.

The discussion is not taking place in another forum. It should be fairly easy to discover that I have not run debian infrastructure and I think Anthony knew it already.

Then the proper way to respond would be with a reference to that other
forum.

Other subthreads, not another forum.

[...] your claims of hidden meanings.
What claims are you talking about?

Things like 'You've claimed that non-free, as it currently exists "hinders debian"' or 'your claims that the content you're talking about are on some other forum'. There are many more examples littering this thread.

His numbers were to illustrate a point -- a point which you have
studiously ignored. [...]

I "studiously ignored" it with a reply disagreeing with his estimates.

In other words, his numbers were imprecise, but not inaccurate.

"not inaccurate"? Isn't that "accurate"? If you think those numbers are accurate, you are beyond reason.

[... NM questions ...] How is this relevant to the current thread?

In <[🔎] 20040103114623.GC1386@azure.humbug.org.au>, it was asserted that there's nothing special about DDs over non-DDs. I disagreed and you contradicted me. The questions were an attempt to understand why.

http://mjr.towers.org.uk/ gopher://g.towers.org.uk/ slef@jabber.at