Re: GR: Removal of non-free

On 2004-01-05 14:19:02 +0000 Anthony DeRobertis <asd@suespammers.org> wrote:

Maybe package metadata should include info for reportbug-type packages to use.
/usr/share/doc/reportbug/README.developers
(It's already there, and has been for a while)

Near the end, it suggests not doing it that way. Instead, it suggests what I think is discussed at http://lists.debian.org/debian-policy/2000/debian-policy-200011/threads.html#00183 but it's not in the policy manual yet. Bugs.debian.org/77960 seems to be open about it. It seems like a good idea. Most seemed to agree that it was a good idea, but disliked some implementation details. I don't think any changed the control fields substantially. There's reference to a previous thread which I've not seen yet. Why isn't it policy yet?

Would working Bugs and Origin support make any non-free supporters less worried?

http://mjr.towers.org.uk/ gopher://g.towers.org.uk/ slef@jabber.at